Most helpful review
They posted for a Human Resource Rep. The ad stated that they were looking for a person for their human resource department and that they were a consulting firm (Actually, they are an insurance firm). When I received the first phone call, the HR Director referred to...

Thanks. I was afraid and of this tactic being used to collect names.

View more comments
Baltimore, Maryland
Cons
  • Interview tactics

Was Misled

There was an ad in Careerbuilder for a Virtual Customer Service Representative. The description of the position sounded good, it was very customer service related. However in the Career Webinar the person only mentioned selling insurance and that you must be licensed (Which the ad never mentioned). I have have NO!!! interest in either selling insurance nor being licensed as an insurance agent.
Glenolden, Pennsylvania

Scam scam scam scam scam scam

Why are they still scamming. And still posting Multiple position at the end the day it’s only one position which is to sell life insurance.

User's recommendation: Scammers.

Damn that’s bad

ID
#1914770 Review #1914770 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Stop scamming people

Shady AF

Anyone notice that they hide who they actually are at first? Take a look at the email that reaches out to you it's name of the city hr@***r and it's an agency name that if you don't look up you'd have no idea you are getting herded in by a shady insurance company to feed with the rest of the cattle in hopes of getting some down on their luck shlep to get involved or some bright eyes young person promised the world by some smooth talking salesman. Don't waste your time.

I just wanted to also comment that they use very generic names & sometimes they don't even use a last name when they text you . For example the one got was Sara Green ( e-mail) & Brody (Text)

#1904095
@PissedConsumer1890247

mine was from Bella Mia

Arias & Bah Agencies are running a bit of a deceitful practice. I interviewed for a position yesterday to find out they had zero intention of paying me or hiring me.

They want me to get my insurance license in a week ( lol). I read they are a type of MLM. I found them advertising in many cities in my area. Wow!

Stay away. Also the actual products are not good.

View more comments (2)
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Arias Agencies Recruitment

A fraternity disguised as a business

You work six days a week to make them money, and you recieve a small portion of what you've made. ...and they will use any tactic or means necessary to make an extra buck, even if its unethical, they don't care. Stay away.
Erie, Pennsylvania

Do Not Waste Your Day

I applied for a Customer Service position and even told the woman who called me back that my intent was to GET OUT OF SALES!!! I was invited to the “interview” which was a presentation. Definitely made it seem like you could make a lot of money......but 100% commission based and ALL SALES. Don’t fall for it!!!! Seems scammy to me.

Don't Waste My Time!

Amanda Valentin called from 904-****-**** and left me a message wanting me to come in and "interview" with Arias Agencies. First of all, she didn't specify what position it was for and I know I did not apply for a job with that entity.

I researched Arias Agencies on Pissed Consumer and realized they were most likely recruiting for a scam involving insurance sales. I called the phone number back and was automatically transferred to a "Victoria". She asked me if I could come to Jacksonville TOMORROW MORNING for an interview. When I asked what job it was for, she said there were multiple positions, all the way from sales to management.

Yeah, right. I have NEVER heard of a company that was worth anything just bringing in people *** nilly Wtf if the position was worth having. I make a six figure salary, sister, and you want me to call off of work from a well paying, stable job for a cattle call? If you really looked at my resume, you would have noticed that I do not mention sales anywhere.

Guess why?

I'M NOT INTERESTED IN SALES!!! If I were, I would state it!

Don't waste my time.

Arias Agencies Reply:
We have contacted the Agency office that handles your area and asked them to discontinue contact with you at once. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused you.
Arias Agencies Interview Appointment
Cons
  • Vagueness when attempting to lure people in for an interview
Shady recruiting
Preferred solution
Do not call random people who happen to have the word "insurance" in their resumes. Just because I work in the industry does not mean I want to sell insurance. You are wasting people's time. I am so glad I decided not to go to the "interview".

Fake Job posted

Update by user Aug 16, 2018

Stop posting fake ads and playing with people who are out there for some genuine jobs. In the second screen shot (attached) the jobs posted by you can be seen with different titles, but actually that's only one job you advertised under different titles to mislead people and waste their time by calling them for interview as happened in my case.

Original review posted by user Jul 17, 2018

They do fake advertisments, I never apply for commission based jobs. Their posted job said 'salary based', the job title was Management Coordinator'.

I was called for an interview and was told in the interview that the job was purely commission based door to door sale, always on the rood with no expenses given. So it was bassically salesperson job, I don't understand how it's a management coordinator job.

Before going I told the lady if it's a commission based then I am not interested but she said it's a management position so I assumed she is genuine. That was a clean cheat/lie.

They think people are stupids and work for them for free.

Arias Agencies Reply:
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to come in and interview for our AIL opportunity. We sincerely apologize if the communication in the job ad was confusing or misleading in any way. We wish you all the best in the future.
Work Experience or Job Application
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

FRAUD SCAM LIES ***

Cattle call interview process, they hire anything and everything and that’s why so many people leave. You’re hired to make money for the higher ups who are childhood buddies with Simon so when you catch your manager using your agent number to write fake business to meet his quota, your shunned away because Simon doesn’t care.

You won’t get your renewals, they recode business you sold, to themselves and when the bad business falls off, the agent they fraudulently wrote it under, takes the hit, retention suffers and often times you go without getting paid. Don’t fall for the brainwashing cult atmosphere, you have to be sleezy and lie and bother the *** out of people to sell and make any money. Leads are so worn out, they are being called and contacted by multiple agents at the same time, leading to pissed off union members who never wanted AIL benefits, they simply want the free offer, that’s all. The way they *** their way into family homes via the child safety kits, should be illegal.

The kits can 100% be mailed, people don’t want strangers who have no proof of who they are or any legit identification coming to their house, especially around children. It’s literally a trifold paper information pamphlet with ink to fingerprint, mind you, these agents coming into your home to discuss your children’s “safety” have absolutely NO TRAINING to do so and are not certified to even legally be around children. Some have criminal records, most smoke *** and snort pills, if you have any love for your children, keep these *** out of your home. They claim they don’t solicite, which I guess maybe by definition, they don’t, but they still do door to door hounding people to schedule an appointment, they won’t leave you alone until you just let them in your house and hopefully for your own sake, you won’t be qualified for insurance for whatever reason because if you are and you do enroll, they will take 14 payments, not 12 monthly payments a year, they will hound you year in and year out to get more coverage and won’t stop calling or stopping by just because you already got coverage...save yourself and don’t request a child safety kit ANYWHERE online, your fire department, police, hospitals and even libraries can give you the same exact thing without begging you and forcing you to buy life insurance.

If you’re a union member DONT FILL OUT the “free AD&D benefit”, that is how they get your information and they won’t stop until you just give in and buy coverage. They claim to be an A+ rated company, which may be true, but they aren’t a 100% rated company, do your research, there are far higher ranked companies who don’t cold call and bother you and those same companies don’t brainwash their employees to become a member of their “cult”.

Arias Agencies Reply:
We make every effort to set up every agent for success and promote a culture of honesty and integrity. We take concerns like this seriously and will review your concerns with the appropriate State General Agent.

AIL is not a Scam!

I, recently was hired at AIL in Southpointe to where; I am both humbled and grateful. The, reason I say this is because they DO NOT choose just anyone and; they most certainly are not scammers!

Honestly, I do not write on places such as this often and; I appreciate an honest review. However, most of these angry rants are not accurate as; you are explained in detail what is expected of you at AIL. Honestly, it is a vetting process as you must become a licensed Life and Fixed Annuities Producer. Remember, you are selling people life insurance where you; obviously need to know what you are selling.

I, personally have yet to find any inconsistencies in my hiring process point blank and period! Mr. Arias is a self made, honest, humble and inspiring man. His, personal belief in the Lord is what made me sign on to his company with NO reservations!

Remember, to those with whom are not being truthful about Mr. Arias and AIL that karma will always come back in threes.

Arias Agencies Reply:
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear that you are so pleased and enthused about your AIL career. We wish you much success.
Honest Company

Sucked in for Interview

Don't let these people suck you in for an interview unless you are looking for a job selling supplemental insurance to Union members and are comfortable going door to door inside strangers homes to do it and working 50 to 60 hours a week for commission only. They suck you in by offering other customer service positions.

I wasted my time going in for an interview after I thoroughly explained what I wasn't interested in sales. When I arrived there were at least fifteen other interviewees in the waiting area. They had about five people conducting the interviews so they were ushering the cattle in and out pretty quickly.

My guess is they receive a commission on the ones that are hired. Needless to say I was out of there pretty fast.

Arias Agencies Reply:
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding our interview process. Your concerns have been addressed with the appropriate agency.
Arias Agencies Interview Appointment
Poor customer service

Phone call after phone call

I have received multiple recorded phone calls from an "Amanda Valentin" (or something along those lines) about scheduling a job interview. I have emailed them three times (with no response) and called them twice to ask them to stop calling me.

When I call to ask them to stop calling me, the person I speak to is very rude and tells me that when I call them my number is placed on a list of numbers to call, and they evidently have no good way to remove the number from the list. The calls started when I posted my resume online. I did that while trying to get one specific job. I am an electrical engineer.

I don't have the slightest bit of interest in working a commission-only sales job or any type of sales job at all, for that matter. I have explained this to them and they don't listen. They must have a bot that mines job sites for phone numbers but pays absolutely zero regard to the actual resumes. It is obvious that this company is a sham and their desperation to hire anyone with a pulse should make anyone think twice before purchasing any products from them.

I advised them in my last email that I would be taking legal action if the phone calls didn't cease. They haven't, so on Monday I will be exploring that option.

Arias Agencies Reply:
Thank you for contacting American Income Life. We are deeply sorry that you received multiple calls from one of our offices. We have opted your phone number out of our system. Additionally, the State General Agent Office in your area has confirmed that you should not receive any further calls.
solicitation
STOP CALLING ME

Unprofessional, dishonest and dangerous

I'm currently working at arias agency and going through the "90 day boot-camp". during this time, I've done everything asked of me, worked very long hours with no complaint and have given this job an honest "go". Unfortunately the professionalism of my trainer and other agents is the biggest difficulty.

When first entering the field, I was riding along with my manager, who, keeps guns and other contraband in the vehicle and is at times intoxicated while driving. Obviously putting my life, freedom and insurance license at risk.

I have made several sales. Believing in the "system" being coach-able and overall doing as I've been asked and told. Long story short, after making 3 sales my first week out... I was only paid for 1, the smallest sale of the 3 at that. My manager told me he'd handle the applications after making the sale, but either turned them in VERY late or lost them. This causes me to not get paid when I should but having to continue to make investments for the job. Gas, Food, Mileage, LOTS of time, ext.

The lack of professionalism and regard for people's safety is appalling! And the number of hours worked (70+ a week) causes a strain on one's home life and personal responsibilities.

So after spending 100's of dollars, weeks of hard work and personal sacrifice, there is nothing to show for it... The immaturity and unprofessional-ism of managing agents has drastically caused harm.

If I wanted to be driving around like a criminal, I wouldn't need an insurance license.... If I wanted my applications lost... I wouldn't even write them.

People here are more worried about parties and cars then they are actually doing business.

They are also VERY misleading to customers on the phone and at times dishonest and bullying.

So if you want to sell insurance, take your license and work for a REAL agency! Arias is just a bunch of white frat dudes playing office and wanting to be "gangster". Even the terminology used at meetings is that off a rap song.....

Beware and stay away!!!!! NOT a real job.

Arias Agencies Reply:
Thank you for reaching out to American Income Life. The Arias Agency office has been in contact with you to help resolve your issue. If you should need any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

STAY AWAY!!!!

This company uses classic bait and switch, fraudulent, deceptive, "recruiting" tactics. They might (as in my case) tell you repeatedly that it's salary, one on one interview and a solid career path.

Nothing is further from the truth. A bunch of 20-somethings, clueless and mindless are running around with tablets and phones trying to look busy and important.

If a recruiter named Elaina calls you, HANG UP!!! She's a liar and a fraud.

Calling the company headquarters to complain is a waste of time.

They either agree with and encourage these *** tactics or just don't care if they're used. I'm not sure which is worse.

Arias Agencies Reply:
Thank you for reaching out to American Income Life. One of our supervisors has been in contact with you to resolve your issue. If you should need any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Not as described/ advertised

Dont fall for it

I started with this company in the office under the GM. I was told that since they were starting up an office in Florida that I would be the new human resource director.

LIE!!! After I had numerous conversations with the staff about contacting hard-working people and offering them a job that cost $200 up front and then forcing them to cold call hundreds of people a day was wrong. I was told that recruiting was the biggest form of income for them and that if I wasn't going to say what they wanted me to say to potential employees, than they would find someone who would. You are promised all kinds of money and *** agreements of help.

It is the biggest SCAM I have ever seen. They do make a fatal mistake of having you call from your cell phone and offer the positions to people. I informed the people who had contacted me back about the position that I didn't work for the company any longer due to not wanting to lie and cheat people out of their money. My advice is going to a 9 to 5 and stay away from companies like this.

You won't get paid and will be forced to lay down all morals and values for fraud!!! It is the same as Kirby and all the other places who want you to work for free and make them money. Take your resume's off public online because that's where they get your resume and lie to you about wanting you to come work for them.

They just want you to work to make them money while you screw your family over. It's not worth it!!!!

Arias Agencies Reply:
Thank you for reaching out to American Income Life. We apologize that your employment experience did not meet your expectations. We contacted State General Agent Simon Arias’ office to research your complaint, and they stated that you were offered a contract agent position which does require an initial investment to get licensed to sell insurance. This license is something that all agents must obtain before legally selling insurance products, but afterwards, it can be used for insurance sales whether you contract with AIL or any other insurance company. In order to help with the cost of obtaining your insurance license, the manager in that office offered you part-time work doing recruiting calls. Our understanding is the manager ultimately decided that the position was not the best fit for you or the company. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact our home office at 1-800-433-3405.
It's a scam

Stop contacting me

I have been receiving a few e-mails per week for the past year trying to set up interviews. Time and time again I have indicated that I have already found employment elsewhere and would appreciate if the e-mails would stop.

I have never once had a response to any of my e-mails, which usually reference that they are contacting me because they found my resume online. I have asked where they found my resume, so that I could remove it and avoid these interactions once and for all, but again I receive no reply. I have informed your employees that these e-mails are reaching harassment levels, but they still continue to come in. I have saved all of these e-mails for the past 6 months, including my requests to be removed from your contact list.

I have reached out to a lawyer and have been informed that I have acquired sufficient evidence for an easy case for blatant breach of the CAN-SPAM act of 2003. I would much rather not resort to litigation, I just want to be left alone.

Arias Agencies Reply:
Thank you for reaching out to American Income Life. We have removed your email address from our recruiting lists, so your emails should cease within 7 days. If you continue to have any issues, please call us at 1-800-433-3405.
Leave me alone
Preferred solution
Simply, to be left alone.

Brands Related to Arias Agencies

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article